Friday, July 10, 2009

4th of July

My beautiful hanging baskets

I love how patriotic my flower garden looks by the flag

Dave and I celebrated the 4th of July by going to a "Concert in the Park" at Founders Park in Centerville. The group that performed were called the "Beach Toys" and they sang a variety of songs by the Beach Boys the Beatles, and the Monkeys. I guess that really ages me. Anyway it was a lot of fun. After, we watched the fireworks, which if anybody knows me that is one of my very favorite things to do. The next day we went to the Centerville Parade with Grandma and Grandpa. It was a lame parade, but we were ableto sit in the shade and the weather was overcast. Lots of fun. Later that day we had a cook out and then I went to the 1/2 off sale at Pineae Nursery and was able to get some beautiful hanging baskets and spent the afternoon planting flowers, which is another one of my favorite things to do. Anyway it was a relaxing weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Your hanging baskets look great! It sounds like you guys had a fun 4th. The concert sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw cute flowers! you're so decorative mom! glad you ahd a good 4th

    ReplyDelete