Friday, August 21, 2009

St. George and Bryce Canyon

Can you tell the wind was blowing?

A view from Sunset Point
Isn't it so beautiful


Another View


Dave and I



In front of the Poster "Annie"




Last weekend Aug 14, 15, and 16, Dave had business in St. George. So he went down on Wedenesday and I joined him on Friday. We had such a great time. We went to the play "Annie" at Tuacan, which is an outdoor theater in the evening. The next day we decieded to drive through the cities of Hilldale and Colorado City. These are poligamist cities. I had just finished reading the book "Escape" which is about a woman who was in a poligamist marriage and how she escaped with her 8 children. Very interesting to me. After that we were going to go to "Zions National Park" but decided to drive on to "Bryce Canyon". Dave had never been to "Bryce" and it had been 20 years since I had been there, so It was fun to see it together. It was absolutly amazing. I am so grateful for the beautiful world that Heavenly Father has created for us. We are so blessed to be able to witness his creation. Dave and I really had a nice time. We enjoy taking road trips, and sometimes the ones that are spur of the moment are the best.

2 comments:

  1. Louise--We must be kindred spirits! I adore road trips and love Bryce National Park. It sounds like you had a great time in St. George.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, I like how you are holding your glasses in all the pictures :) I especially like the top pic.. your hair looks so cute!! Bryce Canyon is so beautiful. love all the pics!
    Linds

    ReplyDelete